The American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) received notice from the U.S. Embassy in Beijing that the Chinese Government has?extended the tariff exclusions?for 65 U.S. products, including hardwood lumber and logs,?through September 16, 2021.
According to AHEC, U.S. hardwood logs and lumber were the only agricultural products included in the extension.?AHEC is working with the embassy to clarify all HS codes involved, the following preliminary list has been identified:?
- 44039100? Other oak logs
- 44039960? North American hardwood logs
- 44079100? Jointed-end, other oak lumber
- 44079100? Non jointed-end, other oak lumber
- 44079400? Cherry lumber, with thickness over 6 mm
- 44079500? Ash lumber, with thickness over 6 mm
- 44079930? Other North American hardwood lumber with thickness over 6 mm?
Source: Hardwood Federation